To celebrate the release of the brand new Wellness Mama App that we created with the wonderful Katie from Wellnessmama.com, I wanted to share two of my favorite recipes from the App. These are both delicious, and so easy that I even whipped up the Bacon Egg Muffins for breakfast with Alyson’s parents in Phoenix after a 14 hour drive, and boy they loved it!
The App is going to be on sale for the first 24 hours for just $1.99! After that the price will rise back up to $3.99, so be sure to grab it now.
On to the recipes. The first is a light, but filling Curried Shrimp Stir-Fry dinner that is bursting with flavor. Then we cook up some Bacon Egg Muffins that will quickly transform your boring breakfast into a tasty, and protein packed morning treat.
- 12 pieces of nitrate free bacon
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ bell pepper, finely chopped
- 10 eggs, beaten (with 2 TBSP milk or cream, optional)
- ¼ cup cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line each cup of the muffin tin with a piece of bacon.
- Put chopped onion and pepper in the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Pour egg mixture into the cups.
- Bake about 30 minutes (ovens vary) until eggs are set. Top with cheese (optional).
- Can be wrapped in foil and easily reheated on-the-go.
- 1 lb shrimp (frozen or fresh, tails removed)
- 1 onion
- 3 T butter or coconut oil
- 1-3 tsp of curry powder (if you don’t like this, just sauté the shrimp in butter and add spices you do like)
- 1 cup coconut milk (can or carton)
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower or veggies of choice/li>
- Melt butter or oil in skillet and add sliced onion.
- Cook until slightly soft and add coconut milk, curry seasoning and other spices if desired.
- Cook a couple minutes to incorporate flavors.
- Add shrimp (thaw if frozen) and cook approximately 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with steamed veggies of choice topped with butter and salad with homemade dressing.
In This App, You’ll Find Katie’s Handpicked Selection of All Her Best Recipes
- Savory Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Chicken Fingers
- Easy Almond Flour Pancakes
Healthy takes on the classics:
- Barbecue Ribs
- Lettuce Tacos
- Grain Free Eggs Benedict
- Grilled Citrus Chicken Salad
- Simple Fajita Salad
- Chipotle Style Burrito Bowl
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Healthy Jello
- Simple Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Chilli
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Calamari “Pasta”
- Easy Coconut Shrimp
- Curried Shrimp and Vegetables
- Healthy Coffee
- Probiotic Lemonade
- Homemade Coconut Milk
Time and Money Saving Benefits of The App:
Shopping cart functionality: Pick a handful of recipes you want to try and add them to the shopping list. You can organise the list either by supermarket isle or by recipe.
Katie’s recommendations: Katie has spent a lot of time finding real food for my family. You can now see her recommendations for things such as the best Wild Caught Salmon and Coconut Oil.
Ingredient conversion: Whether you prefer the US system or the Metric system, you can choose. With a tap of the button, you can switch between units.
Notes: Add notes to your favorite recipes.
Favorites: Mark a recipe as a favorite for quick access.
Sharing: Share a recipe via email to your friends or family.
Bonus content: Want more? You can subscribe to Katie’s newsletter from inside the app and get my free 7 Steps for Healthier Families Action Guide.
Wellness Podcast: Katie started a Podcast to share her healthiest tips and advice. You can subscribe directly from the app.
Please join over 95,000 people who receive exclusive weekly fat-burning tips. Plus: get my Wild Kitchen Cook Book, Wild Diet Cheat Sheet & Fatty Coffee Video FREE. Click below to get rolling now.