IS YOUR DENTIST LYING TO YOU?
A filling isn’t the only way to take care of a cavity, but the over $100 billion U.S. Dental Health Industry would like you to believe you have no choice. Either that, or they just don’t know any better.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Don’t snack on crackers or suck hard candy all day.
- If sugar still eats a hole in our tooth, get a filling.
This is the protocol for dental health that’s been drilled into us since we were children. The dentist is the authority, so he knows what’s best, right? Maybe not.
DR. WESTON PRICE: THE MAVERICK DENTIST
Dr. Weston Price wasn’t satisfied with the status quo. He spent most of his career researching cutting-edge dental techniques, and became interested in the link between nutrition and cavities in the early 1900’s.
By the 1930’s, Dr. Price developed his theory that our industrial diet caused cavities.
He travelled all over the globe studying various cultures, from tribal communities to kids in impoverished cities. After conducting some controlled experiments, he came to this shocking conclusion: nutritional deficiency causes cavities, and proper nutrition can heal them.
Just to back that up a little, one of Dr. Price’s successors published research showing that yeah, bacteria can instigate cavities… but healthy teeth will resist indefinitely!
THE RIGHT FOODS REBUILD YOUR TEETH
A healthy, nourished body sends signals to the parotid gland to remineralize teeth. Contrary to popular belief, our bodies push toward health, not disease. Yet, 90% of American adults live with 45% of their teeth in decay… and that number just gets bigger as you get older.
Do you really believe that all these adults don’t know how to brush, floss, and use fluoride? Are they all sucking on Jolly Ranchers all day? We are lead to believe that if we take good care of our teeth by way of the brush-floss-rinse protocol, our teeth will be healthy…but they’re not!
There is a fundamental problem in this thought-process. We can scrape away plaque all we want, but an unhealthy, malnourished tooth is still going to decay! Then what do we do? We plug it up with a filling that stops the rot from spreading, but also blocks nutrients from getting through. Fillings don’t heal teeth: Within 5 – 7 years, that filling will have to be replaced with another filling… or worse, a root canal.
TAKE BACK YOUR TEETH!
You already know that real food is best for your body, but have you ever stopped to think that teeth are a part of that body? Our modern diet is severely lacking in fat-soluble vitamins A and D, as well as in minerals that are essential for rebuilding tooth enamel and healing dental caries.
Here’s how to take dental health into your own hands:
- Remove sugar and grains from your diet.
- Add specific healthy fats.
- Add essential minerals.
- Drink bone broth.
- Watch your teeth heal.
If it’s all about “adding tooth-building foods,” why is the first step taking something away? Well, your dentist is a little bit right, but for the wrong reason. Snacking on sugars and carbs is causing cavities, but not because of bacteria eating at your teeth.
Stop eating grains, refined sugars and fructose, AND limit natural sugars found in really sweet fresh and dried fruits.
Sugar and processed carbohydrates are actually inhibiting the production and absorption of essential fat-soluble vitamins and minerals necessary for bone growth and remineralization.
Proper nutrition with the right balance of essential minerals regulates the parotid gland, which is responsible for our teeth’s ability to remineralize—preventing and healing cavities.
STRANGE FOODS THAT HEAL TEETH:
- Vitamin D: Get it from fermented cod liver oil (not heat processed), oily fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines, free-range duck eggs, animal blood, suet (beef fat)
- Vitamin A: Get it from land-animal liver, animal eyes (I didn’t say it wasn’t weird), goat cheese, eggs, pastured butter from spring grass-fed dairy (like Kerrigold or raw local butter, cheeses, and kefir)
- Phosphorus and calcium: Get it from spring grass-fed milk products (calcium), organ meats, muscle meats, and free-range eggs.
- Bone Broth: Chicken soup remedy? There’s something to it. By boiling the bones (and organs if you got ‘em), your gut heals and all those incredible nutrients are able to be absorbed and used by your body. (Just remember to leave out the noodles.)
Fermented Cod Liver Oil: The Liquid Dentist?
Ramiel Nagel is the author of the highly acclaimed book Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition. For an all-out attack on troubled teeth, he recommends taking Fermented Cod Liver Oil–as little as ½ teaspoon three times a day can alleviate tooth pain in just 24 hours, and then effectively heal the tooth.
Here’s the thing—you can’t just take heat-processed cod liver oil from the health food store. That bottle contains no Vitamin D from the cod liver. Instead, it likely has an added synthetic vitamin D that can’t be properly absorbed. Nagel points to Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil as the best source.
SIMPLE RECIPE FOR TOOTH SUCCESS
Stop feeling helpless and probed in the dentist’s chair, and take control of your dental health with this simple protocol:
- Take 1 – 3 teaspoons of the recommended fermented cod liver oil or oil and high vitamin butter oil blend per day.
- Cut the crap—by that I mean sugar and grains.
- Add a bit of bone broth, organ meat, and spring grass-fed dairy to your diet.
- Brush and floss. For gosh sake, we didn’t say we wanted your breath to stink.
It’s time to take responsibility for your dental health. Otherwise, you’ll be caught up in the cycle of eat-cavity-filling-eat-cavity-filling until you have no more tooth structure left and then you can stop worrying, because you’ll get a whole mouth full of fake teeth!
Find out more by checking out the following resources:
Discover how to drop fat with chocolate, bacon, and cheesecake. Plus: learn the 3 worst foods you should NEVER eat and the 7 best exercises for rapid fat loss. Click below to to claim your FREE gift ($17 value)!