Today we’re here with George Bryant, marine, skydiver, photographer, and the man behind Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations. Aside from being an extremely talented cook and photographer, George has a truly inspiring story; he shed nearly 100 pounds from his frame… from pudgy to completely ripped.
When recruiters said he was “too fat” to be a marine, he dropped 70 pounds. After he spent a year in a wheelchair and was told he’d have trouble walking, he became a triathlete and kettlebell machine. Although he started with next to no experience in the kitchen, he now is one of the most popular and well-known cooks in paleo, the Civilized Caveman.
No kidding, for all of his beautiful photography, delicious recipes, and general artsy-fartsiness, you wouldn’t want to mess with this guy. Right?
We had an awesome little chat. We talk about:
- George’s secret to losing nearly 100 pounds, getting ripped, and finding his elusive six-pack (and it’s not what you think)
- How George became a social media madman with a cult-like following (his website now has more than 23,000 fans on Facebook)
- How to eat paleo on chow hall food in Afghanistan
- How overtraining nearly caused George’s legs to explode (literally)
- What it’s like to eat a camel and a crocodile
- Why paleo is completely different from one person to the next (and that’s a good thing)
- Advice for paleos just getting started in the kitchen
- Why eating real food is cheaper than eating the standard American diet
- Why George’s logo is an old man despite the fact that he’s ripped and in his 20’s
Cool. Here’s the show.
[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/fatburningman/19FBMGeorgeBryant.mp3|titles=Interview with George Bryant, Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations](download link)
Discover how to drop fat with chocolate, bacon, and cheesecake. Plus: learn the 3 worst foods you should NEVER eat and the 7 best exercises for rapid fat loss. Click below to to claim your FREE gift ($17 value)!