Nothing says “I love you” like a home-cooked meal. This recipe will make you feel like you’re dining at a Michelin 3-Star restaurant. (That’s 5 stars to you, Yelp.)
- 2 large white onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lemons, sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup Kalamata olives,
- pitted 1½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe large tomatoes
- 7 ounces grass-fed mozzarella (optional - if you can find buf mozzarella from grass-fed buffalo, it’s worth the price)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for greens)
- Field greens with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Position a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet skin-side down. Cook for about 4 minutes to brown. Flip the chicken over.
- Add onion slices and minced garlic and cook for a few minutes, until the onion is just tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, olives, and stock. Lay the lemon slices on top of the chicken. Cover and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Uncover and transfer the pan to oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The chicken is ready when the skin is browned and the juices have reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the Caprese salad. Slice the tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella to the same thickness (if using).
- Plate a slice of tomato and top with a slice of cheese (if using) and a basil leaf. Continue layering to make a short “stack” of tomato and mozzarella. Top with a basil leaf, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the chicken and a mix of field greens drizzled in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
BUT MAKE SURE YOU’RE USING AUTHENTIC OLIVE OIL…
You may have seen the news recently – not all olive oil is created equal. It sounds like a pitch for a Hollywood B-movie, but it turns out that most olive oil we buy in the states is counterfeit. Who’s behind the scam? The mob, of course.
Thanks to an explosive investigation that recently aired on 60 Minutes, we’ve learned that 75% to 80% of products labeled as “extra virgin olive oil” sold in the US are actually counterfeit, rancid, or tainted with GMO soy, foreign chemicals, solvents, and worse.
As I always say, if you care about your health, you need to know where your food comes from.
TRY A FREE SAMPLE OF THE OLIVE OIL WE USE AT HOME
Good news – our friends at the Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil Club are currently giving away free samples!
As part of this giveaway, you can receive a full-size bottle ($39 retail price) of one of the world’s best extra virgin olive oils, direct from an award-winning family farm and fresh from the harvest. It’s independently certified by lab analysis to be 100% pure.
The full-size sample bottle is yours free as a no-risk, “no-strings” introduction to the club. But even with the sample, you’re never obligated to buy anything, now or ever. They’ll even cover the shipping and handling to your front door… for free!
We’ve never tasted olive oil this good. If you’re the faintest bit curious about what fresh, pure, authentic olive oil really tastes like, don’t miss out on this giveaway. It takes your salads, veggies, grilled meats, fish, and more to a whole new level of flavor. Just click the link below to sign up and get your free bottle.
(Because of customs regulations, this big free sample bottle is available only to readers who live in the U.S.)
Free $39 bottle giveaway ends Sunday, February 21
If you’d like to try this olive oil club and get one of their free bottles, don’t dally. They only have 240 free full-size bottles to give away and they won’t last long.
Enjoy! And tell your sweetheart we said Happy Valentine’s Day!
This link is your gift e-Coupon, valid until midnight, Sunday, February 21:
Have you tried this delicious olive oil? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below…Share this with your friends!