Let’s face it – “hair of the dog” is never a good idea.
Take it from a former frat boy: any attempt to drink a hangover away backfires big time.
So how about you swap that bottom-shelf bloody mary for a virgin cocktail packed with nutrients to help you detox instead?
And don’t be tempted by a greasy egg muffin with fruit juice to ease your pain… People who start their day with carb-y, high-glycemic foods like cereal, muffins, bagels, and fruit juice ignite a vicious cycle of hunger and snacking. The flood of insulin in the hours following an ill-advised breakfast leads to low energy, brain fog, hunger, and nagging cravings throughout the day.
But when you make your first meal a veggie-packed smoothie (without booze), you’ll be front-loading your nutrition, cutting cravings, and burning fat instead of prolonging your hangover.
Ready for the detox? Here we go…
- 1 bunch watercress (or other greens)
- 1 cucumber
- big handful cilantro
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (or other hot sauce)
- 2 tomatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- water and ice
- For Serving: Green onion, celery, and sliced lime
- Add all ingredients into the blender with enough water to facilitate blending.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to reach desired taste.
- Pour into serving glasses, and garnish with green onion, celery, and a slice of lime.
SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Discover how to drop fat with chocolate, bacon, and cheesecake. Plus: learn the 3 worst foods you should NEVER eat and the 7 best exercises for rapid fat loss. Click below to to claim your FREE gift ($17 value)!
What’s your favorite hangover cure? Comment below to let us know.