Let’s face it – “hair of the dog” is never a good idea.
Take it from a former frat boy: any attempt to drink a hangover away backfires big time.
So how about you swap that bottom-shelf bloody mary for a virgin cocktail packed with nutrients to help you detox instead?
And don’t be tempted by a greasy egg muffin with fruit juice to ease your pain… People who start their day with carb-y, high-glycemic foods like cereal, muffins, bagels, and fruit juice ignite a vicious cycle of hunger and snacking. The flood of insulin in the hours following an ill-advised breakfast leads to low energy, brain fog, hunger, and nagging cravings throughout the day.
But when you make your first meal a veggie-packed smoothie (without booze), you’ll be front-loading your nutrition, cutting cravings, and burning fat instead of prolonging your hangover.
Ready for the detox? Here we go…
- 1 bunch watercress (or other greens)
- 1 cucumber
- big handful cilantro
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (or other hot sauce)
- 2 tomatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- water and ice
- For Serving: Green onion, celery, and sliced lime
- Add all ingredients into the blender with enough water to facilitate blending.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to reach desired taste.
- Pour into serving glasses, and garnish with green onion, celery, and a slice of lime.
SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS
LEARN HOW TO DROP 20 POUNDS IN 40 DAYS WITH REAL FOOD
What’s your favorite hangover cure? Comment below to let us know.