- 9-ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 cup peanut butter, no sugar added (or almond butter or other nut/seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- dash of stevia, to taste
- dash of sea salt
- 12 paper muffin cups (cut down to about 1” high)
- Optional toppings: Nuts, berries, sea salt, coconut flakes
- Cut 12 paper muffin cups down to about 1” high, and place in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a small pot or double-boiler set over lowest heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil, stirring regularly, until just completely melted. Set aside to slightly cool.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter with coconut palm sugar, stevia, and sea salt. Taste and add a dash more coconut palm sugar, stevia and/or salt, to taste.
- Form the peanut butter dough into 12 small patties.
- Pour about a teaspoon of chocolate mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Place one peanut butter patty onto each dollop of chocolate.
- Cover each patty with remaining chocolate.
- If adding toppings, go ahead and lightly press them into the tops of the peanut butter cups.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate one hour to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and enjoy straight from the fridge.
If you eat real, fresh, Wild Diet approved foods for long enough, you might notice that pre-packaged candy starts to taste like plastic.
As your palate recalibrates to flavors from fresh foods, these shelf-stable processed sugar bombs just aren’t worth it anymore.
So how do you give yourself a treat this Halloween without packing on pounds?
Ditch the Reese’s and make these Wild Peanut Butter Cups instead – it’s much easier than you think.
This recipe comes together quickly and uses ingredients you probably already have. Most importantly, it tastes even better than a Reese’s cup!
Looking for more recipes like this one? Check out the Fat-Burning Tribe to access our full recipe library of meals, snacks and desserts.
What are you doing this year to beat the sugar demons? Leave a comment below and let me know!