- ½ cup boiled sweet potato (mashed), skin removed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon stevia extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling over the top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with coconut oil (or butter).
- Beat together ½ cup mashed sweet potato with eggs, butter and vanilla. You can do this in the blender or with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, stevia extract, sea salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture and stir until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into baking dish and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
Hey guys- Alyson here, Abel’s boo, and I’ve concocted a chocolatey creation so gooey and rich that no one will ever guess the “secret ingredient.”
(Well, unless you read the title of this post…)
These real food and Wild-Approved brownies will make you the hero at the next company picnic and tailgate party alike.
Bring a batch to your dad for Father’s Day (you can mention the sweet potato he accidentally ate after he polishes off 2 – 3 of them).
These Double Chocolate Brownies are the perfect treat to share with dad this Father's Day. Click To Tweet
That’s right, sneaky lil’ sweet potatoes are hiding in these brownies!
I know what you’re thinking… “Why in the world would you put potatoes in brownies?”
Because these tasty tubers are the superstar of starches, boasting a high amount of Vitamin A, plus potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
Sweet potatoes are a filling and slow-burning carb great for filling up, boosting prostate health, as well as nourishing glowing skin and a healthy gut.
Plus, they make the brownies moist and rich, just like brownies should be.
Don’t ever go on a “diet” that deprives you of brownies. Click To Tweet
From our kitchen to yours, we hope you like them!