- 2 - 3 pounds 100% grass-fed beef short ribs
- 1 organic yellow onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed ghee or butter
- 3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cup broth (beef, chicken, vegetable or other type of broth)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup hot sauce (optional)
- Mixed greens, for serving
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with onion slices.
- In a gallon-size resealable bag or large bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add beef short ribs and toss to coat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add short ribs and brown 2 sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove ribs from skillet and add to slow cooker.
- Add 3 minced garlic cloves to the skillet, and cook on medium-low until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1½ cups of broth, 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar, and ¼ cup hot sauce. Bring to a simmer and then pour mixture over ribs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add mixed greens to serving plates, along with 1-2 short ribs. Spoon onions and liquid from the slow cooker over the top. You can top the salad with a bit of parmesan, cherry tomatoes, and sunflower seeds, if desired.
Howdy! Abel and I are on the road right now, and we’ve got a sleeping dog keeping us company.
We’re touring through the Rockies of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and soaking in the good vibes in the red rocks of Sedona.
Abel’s Adventure Challenge: Puppy Squats! Comment below with how many puppy squats you can do!
How many #puppysquats can you do? Bonus: you get to eat short ribs! #TheWildDiet #bewild Click To Tweet
After an outdoor adventure, a wild feast is just what the doctor ordered…
These spicy, sweet, tender ribs don’t even require you to light your grill. Click To Tweet
In case you haven’t seen it yet, check out why real red meat doesn’t cause cancer and why you should slow cook your meat for the sake of health.
For more, here’s what Tribe members are saying about this Wild Beef Short Ribs recipe…
These slow cooker beef short ribs only take about 10 minutes to prep. Get them ready in the morning before you head out for the day, and you’ll have a gourmet dinner waiting for you when you get home.
These slow cooker beef short ribs only take 10 minutes to prep. #TheWildDiet Click To Tweet
Want More Delicious Fat-Burning Recipes?
If you want to jump-start your fat-loss by eating like a real food rock star, we’ve got good news…
Our Fat-Burning Tribe recipe library and monthly done-for-you meal plans are packed with our favorite recipes, like Bacon Cheeseburgers, savory Chicken Parmesan, and Wild Brownie Bites.
Get instant access by joining the Tribe for just $1 for your first month (normally $27/month).
Share your #puppysquats video or picture with us on Twitter @fatburnman, Facebook, or Instagram @fatburningman, and then make this recipe. Seriously. You’re going to love it.
Chris Yee says
Absolute delicious. It instantly became my wife’s favorite dish. Also it’s amazing how flexibility it has for errors and still be amazing. We have also kept the bones afterwards to make the bone broths afterwards. Thanks for the recipe.
Chris Tamlin says
wow.. thanks a lot, after working out in the evening i get really tried.. was looking for a protein rich quick dish which will be healthy and protein rich.. just ten minutes to cook great.. and taste even yum.. even I tried it with chicken…
Joie DeVivre says
I made this in the Instant Pot. Should have cooked a little longer (cooked 26 minutes). Was a little rubbery/tough 🙁 Next time.