- 4 - 6 8-ounce grass-fed New York Strip Steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Rub steaks on all sides with olive oil, salt, and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Lay steaks directly on the grill.
- Cook 3 - 5 minutes until bottom is nicely browned (but not charred). Flip and cook another 3 - 4 minutes to desired temperature. Keep in mind that grass-fed meats are always best medium-rare to rare (remove from grill when the internal temperature is between 130°F and 140°F).
- Remove to a platter and allow to rest about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Ready to celebrate this beautiful weather?
Don’t settle for cold hot dogs over white bread like we did in college.
BBQ season is here, and living Wild means you and your family deserve a hearty feast.
And you can get this one ready in just a few minutes.
When other party guests show up with Oscar Meyer weiners and potato salad that’s been sitting out a little too long, you’ll be the one pulling juicy steaks off the grill!
That makes you a bona fide backyard hero in my book.
Enjoy your feast!
Quick Cucumber Dill Salad
Make this salad at least an hour ahead and let it chill in the refrigerator so the flavors can really meld together.
- 3 large cucumbers, chunked
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup packed fresh dill, chopped
- 5 ounces grass-fed feta cheese (goat, sheep or cow's milk), cubed
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Place cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, chopped dill, and feta cheese in a large bowl and gently stir together.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the salad and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill 1 hour up to overnight. Serve chilled.
Avocados with Olive Oil
These creamy avocados are the perfect side to the savory steak. Make it while the steaks are resting and serve immediately.
More Fat-Burning Recipes
If you’ve already started on your paleo, Wild, keto, or low-carb lifestyle… or if you just feel like something has to change so you can finally shed fat and be healthy, join us in the Fat-Burning Tribe. We have a private Facebook group where you can get the support you need from a like-minded community of folks on a similar journey.
You’ll get a quick-start video library along with delicious Wild recipes and tons more.
How do you eat Wild at get togethers with your family and friends? Share your tips with us in the comments!