- Large bunch of Arugula
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 cups watermelon, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- feta cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss arugula, avocado, mint, onion, watermelon, walnuts, and chicken together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top, if using.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bottle, combine balsamic vinegar and olive and shake. Add to salad, as needed.
Hey there—Alyson here, Abel’s paddleboard co-pilot.
When it’s 100 degrees outside, it feels better to skip the stove and go for something simple and fresh.
Mint is in season right now, so if it’s growing in your garden, you likely have a ton of it.
If not, it’s cheap at the farmer’s market. So buy a bundle and what you don’t use making this creamy dairy-free Mint Chip Ice Cream, throw together with chicken and watermelon for a satisfying salad in minutes.
Mint is highly underrated.
Not only does it make your taste buds pop, mint aids in digestion, lightens your mood, soothes headaches, helps clear up acne and boosts weight-loss.Studies show that just the smell of fresh mint gives you a quick energy boost. Click To Tweet
The easy leftover grilled chicken and avocado add protein and healthy fat to fill you up and keep you in fat-burning mode.
From our picnic table to yours, we hope enjoy this summer salad.
If you’re looking for more recipe to round out your party or your weekday meals, check out the Fat-Burning Tribe to access our entire library.
Did you whip this salad together? Leave a comment below to let us know how it turned out!