- 1 pound large wild caught shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 - 2 zucchinis, spiral cut into zoodles (use a spiral vegetable peeler, julienne peeler, or vegetable peeler)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- hot sauce, optional
- If frozen, take 1 pound of shrimp out of the freezer and submerge in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Change the water in the bowl, again using cold water, re-submerge the shrimp. Leave for another 10 to 20 minutes and the shrimp should be completely defrosted.
- Pat shrimp dry, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the ghee (or butter) in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook until the ghee starts to pop a little, then turn down the heat to medium. Add the shrimp and minced garlic and cook about two minutes on each side. The shrimp will turn from gray to pink.
- Spoon the shrimp to a bowl reserving any leftover garlic and ghee in the skillet.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan and bring to simmer. Cook, stirring regularly, until the sauce reduces by about half, about 2 – 4 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley and cook one more minute.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss.
- Return the pan to the burner and turn heat to low. Toss in the zoodles (add olive oil, if needed) and cook, stirring regularly, until just warmed but still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Toss the zoodles into the shrimp, top with a bit of red pepper flakes and/or hot sauce (optional), and serve warm.
Hey there! It’s Alyson, Abel’s kitchen copilot. And I’m here to tell you not to be afraid of fancy-sounding recipes. Most of them are actually pretty easy to make.This Shrimp Scampi sounds like a fancy meal, but it comes together in minutes. Click To Tweet
The only special kitchen tool you need to make this low-carb, paleo-friendly scampi is a veggie spiralizer or peeler for the “zoodles” (zucchini noodles).Once you do zoodles, you’ll never go back to pasta. Click To Tweet
Unlike the carb-heavy wheat noodles in traditional scampi, these zoodles are low carb and contain vital nutrients like vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, phosphorus, B vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids… it even has some protein!
Shrimp also have an impressive nutrient profile, containing 100% of your daily selenium, which is important for optimal thyroid function.
That makes Shrimp Scampi a fat-burning hero.
Want More Fat-Burning Recipes Than You Can Handle?
This tasty recipe is just one of a huge library of delicious fat-melting meals available to the members of our Fat-Burning Tribe.
One of the most important factors in making a real food transformation is the support of like-minded people.
That’s where the Fat-Burning Tribe comes in—it’s an awesome group of people sharing their journey, inspiring each other, and tapping into life-changing knowledge about health and wellness.
We run challenges, and have libraries of helpful videos, recipes, and articles.
Plus, there’s something new that our Tribe members are raving about—Monthly Meal Plans complete with full recipes, shopping lists, and meal prep. These include at least a dozen new Wild fat-melting recipes every month—like Carne Asada Bowls and Chewy Chocolate Cookies!
Tribe Member Jenny says:
I’ve been asking lots of questions lately, so I just wanted to say thank you for this group and all the wonderful support! <3
And JP and his wife lost a collective 70 lb going Wild:
My wife and I lost 20# and 50# respectively. (She had our first child and then was pregnant with our second and I had “sympathy” weight)…
Between 2013 and dec 2015 I gained 30# from 168 to 198. Started the Wild Diet, intermittent fasting and sporadic Max Insanity 30 in Feb 2016 and today back to 168! (Roughly 3 months!)
Thanks to Abel James Bascom, Alyson Rose, Kurt Morgan, and Shaun T for educating me and arming me with a sustainable lifestyle!
We have thousands of members from all corners of the globe rocking out in the Tribe—shedding fat, lowering their blood pressure, getting off of medications, healing their adrenals, boosting their energy, and rocking life!
And to kick off the summer, we’ve slashed the price of our Annual Fat-Burning Tribe Membership.
Save over 30% off your Fat-Burning Tribe membership when you sign up for 1-year (try it free for 7 days)
Come join in on the conversation. We can’t wait to meet you in person. 🙂
We love to see what you’re cooking up in your own kitchen… so share your Scampi pics with us! Post a picture on Twitter @fatburnman, Facebook, or Instagram @fatburningman or in the comments below.
Great job. Your post is very informative.