Gluten Free Desserts, our new iPhone and iPad app, is ready just in time for the holidays. You can pick it up in the App Store for only $1.99! If you’ve downloaded the app already, we’d love for you to leave a review.
Thank you so much for your support, we cannot tell you how much it means to us.
Get 50+ Gluten Free Desserts for the Holidays for $1.99
Our Gluten Free Desserts app features over 50 recipes (more than half are Paleo!), which you can quickly browse through by category:
- Cookies – including our choco-truffle cookies that are stuffed with homemade chocolate ganache.
- Pies – including old-fashion apple pie, sweet potato pie, and bacon bourbon apple pie.
- Cobbler – including zucchini cobbler (that tastes like apple!) and cran-apple cobbler.
- Bread and Cakes – double-chocolate chip cupcakes and Christmas cake.
- Bars and Granola – on the go granola bars and no-bake chocolate banana pecan squares.
- Frozen – vanilla bean ice cream and raw milk ice cream.
- Mousse – chocolate mousse swirl and pumpkin cheesecake mousse.
- Chocolate – cookie dough truffles and chocolate chip espresso brownies.
Finding that perfect recipe is easy. The cookbook app opens up showing images of all the recipes broken up by categories. On the iPhone, pick a dessert that catches your eye, such as Raspberry Shortbread Cookies, tap on it, and simply swipe your finger to see the ingredients and directions. On the iPad, simply tap on a dessert to see the entire recipe.
Watch the App in Action!
Fun Features in Gluten Free Desserts
- Notes: Tap the notepad icon at the top of a recipe to make notes. When you come back to the recipe later, you’ll notice the icon has changed from an empty blank page to having yellow print indicating you have notes saved for this recipe.
- Favorites: Tapping the star icon allows you to save a recipe as a favorite, which organizes all your most loved desserts in the Favorites section of the main Menu.
- Email: You can email a recipe’s ingredients and directions to yourself or a friend by tapping Email on the top of a recipe.
- Units: You can also easily switch between metric and U.S. units, for our international dessert-lovers.
- Shopping Cart: Tap Add to Cart at the top of a recipe and all the ingredients from that recipe will be added to your shopping list. To view your shopping list, go to the main Menu, tap Shopping Cart. From there, you can check off ingredients as you buy them from the store. To delete one or two ingredients, tap Edit at the bottom-left of the screen, and then press the red minuses next to the ingredients you want to delete. To clear the entire list of ingredients, tap Edit, and then tap Reset cart on the bottom-right.
With over 50 delicious dessert recipes, it’ll be a piece of cake to find something fun to bake for the holidays! Your family will have no idea that tasty apple pie they’re eating is gluten-free.
The recipes in Gluten Free Desserts come straight from the Fat-Burning Man’s kitchen (from my lovely girlfriend, Alyson, who you may remember from her appearance on the FBM show).
When Alyson went gluten free, she immediately felt healthier and more energetic. Her skin cleared up, she slimmed down, and she even found that her mood improved.
But she couldn’t live without gooey chocolate chip cookies, rich pies, and decadent cupcakes. She missed her desserts! So Alyson got to work, experimenting in the kitchen with treats made from wholesome, gluten-free and real food ingredients.
Her friends and family fell in love with her creations and it wasn’t long before they begged for her to share her recipes. Now they are available for you!
“I want yummy recipes, but I have an Android!”
Never fear! We have good news for you, too. We just launched our #1 bestselling app of over 200 Paleo recipes, Caveman Feast on Android!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the app cost?
It’s only $1.99. You can use it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Will you be releasing the app for Android/Kindle Fire/Windows Phone?
We might! For now, check out Caveman Feast, which we just released on the Android today.
Why can’t I download the app?
If you’re having trouble downloading Gluten Free Desserts, please check to make sure you have updated your device to iOS 7 and try again.
How do I clear my Shopping Cart in the app?
To clear the entire list of ingredients, navigate to your Shopping Cart from the Menu, tap “Edit” in the bottom-left corner, and then tap “Reset cart” in the bottom-right corner. This will remove all items from your Shopping Cart (or Shopping List).
We’ll be bringing updates to the Gluten Free Desserts App over the coming months by adding more delicious dessert recipes. Be sure to check back to FatBurningMan.com and the Fat-Burning Man Facebook for updates.
Love it! How can I help you guys out?
Thank you so much! We pour our hearts into each project we do so it means the world to us when you enjoy them. If you can, please leave us a review in the app store so that others can hear about our app. It makes a big difference!
How to Leave a Review in the App Store
How to Write a Review from within the Gluten Free Desserts App:
- On your iPhone, select any recipe in the app.
- Swipe through all the pages till you reach the “You’re Done!” page.
- Tap the button that says “Enjoying these recipes? Help us with a review”
- Select the “Reviews” tab, and then select “Write a Review”
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Enter a title, select a star rating, write your review, and click Send.
How to Write a Review from Your Computer:
- Open iTunes, and click on iTunes Store.
- Search for Gluten Free Desserts, and click on our App. The icon is a cupcake with a cherry on top.
- Click the Ratings and Reviews tab and click Write a Review.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Enter a title, select a star rating, write your review, and click Submit.
How to Write a Review from Your iOS Device:
- Tap iTunes or App Store.
- Find the item you want to review.
- Tap the Reviews tab and tap Write a Review.
- If you’re not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID.
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your review, and tap Send.
As a special sneak peek, we’re giving you the recipe for our insanely delicious Bacon Bourbon Apple Pie recipe from our new Gluten Free Desserts app.
Bacon Bourbon Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flax meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (unsweetened & full-fat)
- 2 Tbsp. 100% maple syrup
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 8oz package of bacon
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon (optional — if not using, add an additional tsp of vanilla)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a pie pan with coconut oil.
- Cook bacon in a skillet (or two skillets to speed up the process) over the lowest heat setting. This will slowly cook the bacon while rendering the fat, about 10-15 minutes. Crumble the bacon into pieces, set aside, and reserve bacon fat in pan.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over apple slices. Cook apple slices flat in the pan in the bacon fat until softened, about 2-3 minutes per side. Put apple slices in a bowl and set aside.
- For the crust, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, flax meal, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sea salt. Add remaining crust ingredients, and mix with fingers. Press ¾ of the dough into pie pan, spreading evenly. Set the remaining dough aside.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter, vanilla, rum, ½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup almond flour, coconut palm sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg until well incorporated. Pour ¾ of this sugar-butter-rum mixture into the apple slices and add bacon crumbles (reserve about a tablespoon of bacon). Use hands to mix ingredients together until well incorporated. Pour apple filling into crust.
- Stir remaining sugar-butter-rum mixture into remaining crust dough. Drop crumbles of dough over the top of the apple mixture. Sprinkle reserved tablespoon of bacon over the top.
- Bake until crust is lightly brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool and enjoy.