Once you adopt a low-toxin lifestyle and realize most cosmetics, many foods are straight-up poison, it can be fun to look at alternatives.
Coconut oil is one of the most versatile foods out there. Personally, I’ve used coconut oil as a facial moisturizer, deodorant, hair gel, and even to brush my dog’s teeth.
(She loved that).
Here are a few novel ideas…
22 Unconventional Uses For Coconut Oil:
- Use as a guitar string lubricant
- Mix with tea tree oil and use on athlete’s foot and other fungal infections
- Use as a mascara brush cleaner
- Brush on your eyelashes for an eyelash strengthener
- Mix with baking soda for a facial scrub
- Rub into your dog’s fur as a flea treatment
- Use to clean hands and brushes after using oil-based paints
- Use to detail the upholstery in your car
- Use to make homemade lip balm
- Use to soften kidney stones
- Use to lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods
- Mix with cinnamon and oatmeal to use as a facial scrub (or breakfast… or both)
- Use to get purple lipstick out of a green rug
- Use to heal canker sores
- Use to fight H-pylori bacteria
- Soothe into fingertips to prevent hangnails
- Use as an udder balm for the cows you have in the yard
- Feed to your dog to prevent halitosis (dog breath)
- Use as a conditioner for your hair
- Use in your armpits as a deodorant
- Use to help soothe hemorrhoids
- Rub in your skin to reduce stretch marks
BONUS: Mix with baking soda for a natural “Goo Gone”
Discover how to drop fat with chocolate, bacon, and cheesecake. Plus: learn the 3 worst foods you should NEVER eat and the 7 best exercises for rapid fat loss. Click below to to claim your FREE gift ($17 value)!
So how are you gonna use that extra coconut oil you’ve got in the pantry? Have any of you done any of these things with it? Or anything else besides eating it or cooking with it?Share this with your friends!