Have you tried coconut oil yet?
You can use it for almost anything.
In cooking, it’s quite tasty, with a slightly sweet, light tropical flavor that adds some extra oomph to any dish.
But coconut oil does more than just grease your skillet.
Personally, I’ve used coconut oil as a facial moisturizer, deodorant, hair gel, and even to brush my dog’s teeth.
Here are a few nifty ideas from readers and listeners…
30 Unconventional Uses For Coconut Oil:
- Use as a guitar string lubricant
- Mix with tea tree oil and use on athlete’s foot and other fungal infections
- Use as a mascara brush cleaner
- Brush on your eyelashes for an eyelash strengthener
- Mix with baking soda for a facial scrub
- Rub into your dog’s fur as a flea treatment
- Use to clean hands and brushes after using oil-based paints
- Use to detail the upholstery in your car
- Use to make homemade lip balm
- Use to soften kidney stones
- Use to lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods
- Mix with cinnamon and oatmeal to use as a facial scrub (or breakfast… or both)
- Use to get purple lipstick out of a green rug
- Use to heal canker sores
- Use to fight H-pylori bacteria
- Soothe into fingertips to prevent hangnails
- Use as an udder balm for the cows you have in the yard
- Feed to your dog to prevent halitosis (dog breath)
- Use as a conditioner for your hair
- Use in your armpits as a deodorant
- Use to help soothe hemorrhoids
- Rub in your skin to reduce stretch marks
- Mix with baking soda for a natural “Goo Gone”
- Improve oral health by swishing a tablespoon in your mouth for 20 minutes (oil pulling)
- Use as a moisturizer
- Soothe itchy skin or bug bites
- Use as a natural treatment for lice
- Relieve a sore throat
- Use in a do-it-yourself body butter
- Cleanse your skin and remove makeup
Want a Free Jar of Coconut Oil?
As a pre-Thanksgiving gift, our friends at Thrive Market are giving away full-sized jars of organic and fair-trade coconut oil. All you have to do is click this link and place an order for $50 or more—Claim your free gift today!
What do you use coconut oil for? Share your ideas in the comments below.