Have you tried coconut oil yet?
You can use it for almost anything.
In cooking, it’s quite tasty, with a slightly sweet, light tropical flavor that adds some extra oomph to any dish.
But coconut oil does more than just grease your skillet.
Personally, I’ve used coconut oil as a facial moisturizer, deodorant, hair gel, and even to brush my dog’s teeth.
Here are a few nifty ideas from readers and listeners…
30 Unconventional Uses For Coconut Oil:
- Use as a guitar string lubricant
- Mix with tea tree oil and use on athlete’s foot and other fungal infections
- Use as a mascara brush cleaner
- Brush on your eyelashes for an eyelash strengthener
- Mix with baking soda for a facial scrub
- Rub into your dog’s fur as a flea treatment
- Use to clean hands and brushes after using oil-based paints
- Use to detail the upholstery in your car
- Use to make homemade lip balm
- Use to soften kidney stones
- Use to lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods
- Mix with cinnamon and oatmeal to use as a facial scrub (or breakfast… or both)
- Use to get purple lipstick out of a green rug
- Use to heal canker sores
- Use to fight H-pylori bacteria
- Soothe into fingertips to prevent hangnails
- Use as an udder balm for the cows you have in the yard
- Feed to your dog to prevent halitosis (dog breath)
- Use as a conditioner for your hair
- Use in your armpits as a deodorant
- Use to help soothe hemorrhoids
- Rub in your skin to reduce stretch marks
- Mix with baking soda for a natural “Goo Gone”
- Improve oral health by swishing a tablespoon in your mouth for 20 minutes (oil pulling)
- Use as a moisturizer
- Soothe itchy skin or bug bites
- Use as a natural treatment for lice
- Relieve a sore throat
- Use in a do-it-yourself body butter
- Cleanse your skin and remove makeup
Want a Free Jar of Coconut Oil?
As a pre-Thanksgiving gift, our friends at Thrive Market are giving away full-sized jars of organic and fair-trade coconut oil. All you have to do is click this link and place an order for $50 or more—Claim your free gift today!
Click right here to get a jar of coconut oil on the house.
What do you use coconut oil for? Share your ideas in the comments below.
Thank you for letting us know! Definitely took advantage of this, and also stocked my pantry with other delicious things!
Yay! Glad you grabbed a jar, Katie. Enjoy!
Abel James says
Our pleasure, Katie!
Dale McCollum says
I bought your book, The Wild Diet. I have lost 12 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. Great book? Thankbyou for sharing your knowledge with us. My question is what percentage of the following should my diet consist of? Protein? Fat? Carbs? Is there a majic number for the caloric intake?
Thanks in advance,