- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 cup coconut butter (or another cup of peanut butter)
- ½ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 duck eggs (or chicken eggs -- the fattier duck eggs make for a richer treat)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure stevia extract (or ¼ cup more coconut sugar)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 11x7 glass baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- In a sauce pan, melt coconut oil over low and stir in peanut butter and coconut butter until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, coconut palm sugar, and stevia, and mix well.
- Stir in chopped almonds and chocolate chips, and spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until done. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight. The magic happens when it's chilled and fudgey.
Nothing says “I love you” like a homemade dessert.
These Fudgey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are perfect to bring to your special someone on Valentine’s Day, or enjoy as a post-workout treat.
This recipe comes together quick and uses ingredients you probably already have.
If you’re looking for a homemade Valentine’s Day Dinner to go along with this decadent dessert, check out our Chicken Parmesan recipe. It’s one of our all time favorites for special occasions.
We hope you enjoy. And tell your sweetheart we said Happy Valentine’s Day!
Need More Recipes?
Do you need more clean-eating ideas, meals on the go, or fat-melting desserts? This Fudgey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars recipe is just one of many you’ll enjoy as member of the Fat-Burning Tribe.
Did you make these Fudgey Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars? Leave a comment below to let us know if you made any substitutions and how they turn out.