- 1 ½ cups coconut flour (or buckwheat flour)
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 ½ cups full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¾ cup grass-fed butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a pie pan with coconut oil.
- For the crust, in a large bowl whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed meal, and salt.
- Add melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into greased pie pan, and freeze while you make the filling. Reserve the remaining dough in bowl. Set aside.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Melt butter a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in almond flour, water, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour ⅓ of the sauce mixture in with the remaining crust dough, and pour the other ⅔ of the sauce with the apple slices and turn to completely coat.
- Take pie shell out of the freezer, and pour the apple mixture into the prepared crust.
- Use hands to mix the butter mixture into the remaining dough and either flatten and place over the apples, or crumble over the top. Line the rim of the pie pan with foil to cover the crust edges (so they don't burn).
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool until just warm. Enjoy with homemade whipped cream and a cup of coffee. Alternatively, cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Apple pie is undoubtedly delicious. But the processed-sugar-gluten-bomb version of the pie you find in most restaurants, stores, and kitchens makes us fat and sick. Boo.
But if you’re pining for the fruity, crispy, warm goodness of a perfectly baked apple pie—just like grandma used to make—I have one thing to say to you: Don’t give up!
Being shameless pie people, my wife and I have been working to perfect a guilt-free apple pie for years.
And, by golly, I think we’ve finally done it.
Getting the crust just right, especially if it’s gluten-free, can be a daunting task.
Without gluten to hold everything together, most grain-free dough lacks elasticity and can crumble before you can get it in the pan.Do you like apple pie? I do. Learn how to make it #glutenfree and guilt free. #TheWildDiet Click To Tweet
Kitchen-tested and heartily Wild Diet approved, this Homemade Apple Pie is made from real-food ingredients like coconut flour, Granny Smith apples, pure maple syrup and flax meal.
So you can enjoy a slice and still keep to your Wild Diet—melting fat and feeling great.
It’s the perfect dessert for your free meal, and a huge hit at gatherings. Bring it to your next holiday party and blow your friends’ minds.
They won’t believe how you can get lean and looking so great while eating pie! But I believe we’ve found a loophole, folks!How can #glutenfree real-food apple pie taste this good? @fatburnman Click To Tweet
Real apple flavors with butter, spice, and everything nice… but no processed sugar, wheat flour, or chemical additives. As always, real food simply tastes better.
Try this old-fashioned apple pie yourself, and you’ll see what I mean!
Need Delicious Holiday Recipes That Will Help You Stay Lean?
If you want Paleo-friendly, low-sugar, low-carb and truly delicious fat-burning holiday recipes, check out our Ultimate Wild Cookbook Bundle packed with 10 Wild cookbooks to help you shed fat and feel great while enjoying satisfying feasts and delectable treats.
Here’s what you have to look forward to…
Fat-Burning Holiday Feasts Meal Plan
30 days of done-for-you meal plans featuring fat-burning strategies to help you stay lean during the holidays while enjoying ridiculously tasty feasts, snacks and treats.
With over 70+ recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert, you’ll be feasting like a rock star this holiday.
Looking for foolproof holiday feasts that are perfectly put together and filled with heavenly healthy goodness? We are talking about no gluten, low sugar, real food recipes that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
This is the ultimate holiday meal plan to help you stay lean while enjoying real food feasts that you can share with family and friends.
You get weekly and daily menu overviews, shopping lists, quick and easy recipes with beautiful color photographs, defrost and prep ahead instructions—everything has been planned out for you!
Here’s a taste of some of the recipes in the Holiday Feasts Meal Plan…
Wild Holiday Desserts
20+ Wild holiday desserts that feature low-sugar, gluten-free, and many dairy-free recipes made with real food.
At the holiday dessert table, the best defense is a good offense. So, instead of fighting it, run with it.
You can enjoy a big slice of pie during the holidays with one of our super-easy, gluten-free, Wild recipes that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Pie, cookies, cheesecake, brownies, holiday dessert breads, ice cream, donuts and more await you.
150+ ridiculously good recipes from 28 of the top kitchens in Paleo and beyond.
Allergy-friendly recipes, including quick links to dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sugar-free, raw vegan and vegetarian recipes.
Check out this sampling of the recipes you’ll find in the Fat-Burning Chef Cookbook…
The total value of all the Cookbooks and bonuses is $267, but since it’s the holidays we’ve slashed the price and are knocking an extra 20% off when you enter this promo code at checkout: HOLIDAYS
But hurry! This HUGE discount on our holiday bundle will be over soon.
What’s your favorite holiday pie? Comment below to let us know.