Happy almost Easter!
Instead of sugary, fluorescent, sparkling candies this Easter, enjoy this recipe for Paleo Deviled Eggs. Bacon may or may not be involved.
Cadbury eggs are for pansies!
- 6 eggs
- 2 strips of bacon
- 2 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp paprika, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 5 pickled jalapeño slices, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeño juice
- dash of hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a full boil. Carefully add eggs to the pot using a spoon, and cook for 10 minutes. Rinse eggs under cool water, and allow to set in cool water while you peel the eggs.
- Peel eggs, and cut in half lengthwise, from top to bottom. Remove yolks and place in a mixing bowl. Arrange egg whites on a plate.
- While eggs are cooking, cook bacon in a skillet. Once cooked, set bacon aside and mix the rendered bacon fat in with the egg yolks.
- Add mustard, lemon juice, paprika, diced jalapeño and juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil to the egg yolks, and mash with a fork until everything is well incorporated. Taste and add more salt, hot sauce or jalapeño juice, if needed.
- Crumbled bacon. Scoop egg yolk mixture into egg white halves, and sprinkle with green onions, crumbled bacon, paprika, and black pepper.
- Serve or cover and store in the fridge.
liam cregan says
Flowers don’t eat eggs!
They look very tasty
Yum, the deviled eggs picture looks awesomely delicious. Bacon, why have I never tried that before? Jalapenos is another one I never thought of using., I’m not scared.
Thanks Abel for the Cadbury alternative.