- 1 big bunch of red or green butter lettuce
- 4 boiled eggs
- 4 slices of organic Canadian bacon (or smoked ham)*
- 4 slices smoked or roasted turkey breast*
- 1 cup halved grape, cherry, or cocktail tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced or chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup sliced or shredded grass-fed sharp cheddar cheese (like Kerrygold)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Place all Italian Dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk with a wire whisk until smooth. Set aside. (Alternately, place them in a mason jar with lid and shake.)
- Rinse and dry the lettuce. Tear or chop it into large chunks and place it into a big bowl or plate.
- Quarter the eggs and lay them on the salad.
- Slice the Canadian bacon and turkey slices into thin strips. Toss them onto the salad. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle with Italian Dressing and serve!
Although health experts squabble about just about everything, there is one thing every health expert worth his or her salt agrees about—that we should all eat more fresh green vegetables.
Conventional wisdom says that we should “eat more fruits and vegetables” to boost health. But they’ve got that in the wrong order. Fruits are a nice treat, but best enjoyed in moderation if you’re looking to lose fat.
Fresh non-starchy veggies are a fat-burner’s best friend. But eating them doesn’t have to be a chore.
Raw veggie addiction is a real thing. I crave greens every day and get cranky without them. That’s where you want to be. Push through the first few days of salad eating until you’re hooked.
I eat an enormous amount of vegetables, as often as I can—usually several times a day, which takes deliberate effort.
HOW TO GET YOUR GREENS ON WITH A BIG OL’ SALAD
Nothing is easier or more filling for a quick fat-burning dinner or lunch (at home or to go) than a big salad like this one. You’ll fill up on fiber and micronutrients from greens, a decent amount of protein, and healthy fats. For a quick dressing, drizzled with good quality extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
Don’t like tomato? Sub in red bell peppers. Not a fan of cucumber? Switch it out for sliced celery. Don’t want turkey? Use canned tuna or leftover chicken. The big bowl of leafy greens is your healthy base for whatever flavors you want to add.
Tweaking your Wild recipes is part of the fun.
Wait, is there such a thing as “leftover bacon?”
Would you like to try some delicious fat-melting meals like Beef Short Ribs or Bacon-Wrapped Scallops?
By joining our exclusive community, Fat-Burning Tribe, you’ll get these recipes and dozens of others plus workout videos, cooking videos, tips, tricks, and articles updated regularly.
Need more? Alyson and I are on the Tribe’s private Facebook page every week chatting with our Tribe members (and checking out your scrumptious food pics), and we get behind the camera once a month to answer some of your most nagging questions.
Join now and get instant access for just $1!
Here’s what Tribe members are saying:
Wesley– Victory!!!! After 5 weeks of low to no carb and sugar free eating I am officially off of my 2 diabetes medications!!!! We are what we eat! Yahooooo
Nicholas– Hey Tribe! I just wanted to check in after week 1. I lost 12.1 lbs and my wife lost 7.8 lbs. This without exercise! If I can do if, so can you.
Sue– Just wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive. I’ve always felt alone when I have tried to eat better and it seems like no-one ever understands. This support is just what I needed to stay on track.
Jenn– After weeks of only losing .2, .6, .4 with Weight Watchers….My first full week on The Wild diet and ☆☆I lost 4 lbs☆☆ with only exercising once! Plus I have PCOS, Hashimotos, and Endometriosis!!! THE SCALE MOVED!!!!! I can NOT wait to add more exercising in daily and see what the new week brings!
Wait, there’s MORE! We are excited to announce that Tribe members now have exclusive access to a new 30-Day meal plan every month! That’s 30 days of delicious recipes with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos– every single month!
It’s like getting a new Wild Diet cookbook every month– And you can get started for just $1!
Don’t wait. You deserve to spend $1 on delicious food, awesome support, and your health.
What’s your favorite salad combination? Share your recipe in the comments below.Share this with your friends!