- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup grass-fed sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grass-fed heavy cream
- 4 (8-ounce) packages organic cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and salt.
- Add vanilla, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Press crust dough in one even layer on the bottom of the springform pan.
- In the blender, add sour sour cream, heavy cream, 2 packages cream cheese, vanilla extract, and coconut palm sugar. Blend smooth.
- If there's room, add the last 2 packages of cream cheese. Otherwise, pour half of the cheesecake filling into a bowl and reserve the rest in the blender to blend with the last 2 cream cheese packages. Blend smooth.
- Add eggs to the blend one at a time, blending on low until just incorporated between each egg. Be careful not to over mix the eggs.
- If you poured half the batter in a bowl, combine all of it and stir until well combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter over crust into springform pan.
- Put a pan filled with water on the lowest shelf in the oven -- this will help prevent cracking by releasing moisture in the oven.
- Bake cheesecake on the middle shelf of your oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, until firm. No peeking till the end! The cheesecake is done when the outside is firm and the middle slightly jiggles like custard.
- Turn off the oven, but leave cheesecake in there for about an hour with the door cracked open.
- Once cooled, refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cheese cake.
After mixing up the cheesecake filling, divide it into 2 portions. In one half of the batter, stir in ¾ cup creamy peanut butter. In the other half, stir the rest of the melted chocolate.
Pour about ¼ of the peanut butter cheesecake filling into the springform pan, then pour in about ¼ of the chocolate cheesecake filling. Alternate until all the filling is in the pan. Bake according to the recipe directions.
Did somebody say cheesecake?
Life just wouldn’t be the same without decadent treats like chocolate cheesecake. And when you make yours with real food, Wild Diet friendly ingredients, you really can “have your cake and eat it, too.”
Now, I don’t like to use the term “cheat meal.” It just sounds like an invitation for sabotage.
I like the idea of a “free meal,” though. It’s a more empowering concept.
And in reality, the occasional indulgence can actually be metabolically beneficial by bumping up leptin levels to help you break through a fat loss plateau! Cycling calories and carbs can be a powerful tool for stimulating your metabolism.
But more importantly, giving yourself permission to enjoy a treat now and then can help you cultivate a healthy relationship with food.
What’s a “free meal?” Pick a day. Pick a treat. And eat it freely! You’ve earned every bite. Click To Tweet
Here are a few tips from The Wild Diet for making your “free meals” count:
- Indulge on a day off. Having free time away from work gives you more control over when and where you eat, you’ll be having fun (not stress-eating), and you can also more easily monitor the results.
- Make a reservation at your favorite restaurant so you can look forward to your indulgence.
- Keep a “food craving” diary—just a little book or note on your phone or computer where you jot down the things you crave throughout the week. That way you can choose carefully when it’s time for your free meal.
- Drink at least 8 8-ounce glasses of water throughout the day so you can easily flush excess salt and carbohydrates.
- Never eat your free meal alone—sharing a meal or dessert will help you enjoy it, fostering that healthy relationship to food.
- Throw away or give away all the leftovers so they don’t taunt you from the fridge tomorrow!
Final Tip: Stay Wild
You deserve the best-tasting, highest-quality food out there. Don’t waste your “free meal” on processed junk. Low-quality food from boxes and fast food chains does number on your gut, gives you brain fog, inflames your joints and body, and sacrifices your long-term health.Once your body is adapted to real food, it hurts to eat the junk. Click To Tweet
If you want cake, get it from a local artisan bakery, not from Little Debbie. If you want pizza, don’t pick up a Hot-n-Ready, get it from your local family-owned pizzeria that use fresh ingredients and actually takes pride in their pies.
If you’re craving cheesecake, don’t grab one out of the grocer’s freezer! Instead, enjoy a small slice of this cheesecake made with real food and free of added chemicals.
Or better yet, take this masterpiece to a gathering, and impress friends with your “diet” food.
Oh, and one last tip: If there is such a thing as a “free lunch,” it’s directly after your workout. So, make sure to get in strength training or a Wild 7 Workout on the same day that you indulge in this delightful dessert.
After all, cheesecake is good for the soul.
LEARN HOW TO DROP 20 POUNDS IN 40 DAYS WITH REAL FOOD
Need More Recipes?
Are you interested in more recipes like this decadent cheesecake? How about some everyday fat-burning recipes like Spicy Buffalo Chicken and tangy Homemade Sauerkraut?
By joining our exclusive community, Fat-Burning Tribe, you’ll get these recipes and dozens of others.
We can help you reach your goals in the Fat-Burning Tribe where we have meal plans, quick-start videos, a recipe library, downloads, cooking videos, tons more to make burning fat fun and easy.
No more calorie counting or gloom required.
Right now, you can actually try the Fat-Burning Tribe for free for 7 days.
Cancel any time and keep all of your Tribe downloads as a thank you for giving it a try.
Again, from any device just head on over to fatburningtribe.com right now to get ridiculously tasty recipes, hundreds of them, meal plans, Q&A videos and tons more. We’ll see you there.
Have you made this cheesecake? Leave a comment below to let us know how it turned out!