It’d been a few years since I’d been to Harvard… Despite the fact that this visit wasn’t for a rager with my college buddies, I may have had just as much fun. Inspired people, plenty of coffee, and some serious nerding-out. My cup of tea.
As promised, here are a few of the highlights:
- Meeting all of you loyal readers, listeners, fans, and clients (you guys ROCK)
- Tequila and brotherly love with George Bryant
- Learning about squishface with Mira and Jayson Calton
- Talking Dartmouth, disorders, and drinking with Stefani Ruper
- Discussing how to take over the world with Ashley Tudor
- Crazy times in the Prius with the Paleo Parents
- Telling Mark Sisson he’s looking good as usual
- Being unable to wrestle off the legions of loval Robb Wolf fans to get a word in
- Meeting the hunter-gatherer himself, John Durant
- Pretending not to drink coffee with Dianne Sanfilippo
- Realizing that Ben Greenfield is way tall in person
- Telling Bill and Haley how much I think their website rocks
- Finally meeting the man himself, Gary Taubes
- Wishing I could squeeze in a single malt scotch with Richard Nikoley
- Talking about how vegans don’t have a chance with Mat Lalonde
- Officially shaking the hand of Dallas Hartwig (finally)
- Hanging out with Jude, my new friend from down under
- Being generally smaller than Keith Norris
- Manhug with Dan Pardi
- Wanting to hang in San Diego with Dr. Lo
- Catching up with Tony and Charissa (I won’t tell anyone you ate toast)
- Bumbling about brain science with Dr. Pendergrass
- Stealing salad with Shirley
- And telling Dean and Toad that they totally missed out
Looking forward to seeing you all again. We’re all privileged to be a part of such a passionate group of people doing their damndest to make the world a better place.
If you didn’t make it, you missed out. If you did, I’ll see you next year.
Shirley McLean says
hahaha! can’t have the fat burning man go hungry! always such a pleasure to see you. have a blast on your US tour and I will see you and alyson again for PFX13!
Abel James says
That was clutch, Shirley! Good to see you, too. Cheers, Abel