- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened canned coconut milk (just the thick part on top, if separated)
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk (just use the thick cream on top) or organic/grass-fed heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch spring-form pan with coconut oil. Alternatively, line a muffin pan with paper liners (makes about 7 cupcakes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, coconut palm sugar and stevia. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk to the blender. Add the dates, applesauce, and melted coconut oil. Blend on high until the dates are well incorporated and there are no longer any chunks.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and pulse until both are fully incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan before topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the coconut cream on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla. Continue to whip until thick like whipped cream.
- Spread the topping over the cake just before serving.
Do you have a Wild birthday to celebrate? Bust out the candles and serve this moist, delicious cake with a scoop of Mint Chip Ice Cream.
One of the great things about The Wild Diet is that it doesn’t eliminate the good things from life… including dessert.
You can enjoy an occasional sweet treat made from real ingredients like apple sauce, almond flour, and real maple syrup once in a while and it won’t sabotage your fat-loss.
By choosing ingredients carefully, staying away from insulin-spiking processed sugars, you can enjoy a wide variety of sweets like chocolate pudding made with avocado or carrot cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
How To Make Ice Cream Cake
Here’s how to make this Wild Birthday Cake with ice cream:
Ice Cream Cake: To make ice cream cake, double the recipe and bake two 8″ round cakes. After cooling, cut the top off of the bottom layer and place in springform pan. Spread a thick layer of ice cream on top of the bottom layer, stack second cake on top, and top with frosting. Freeze until set or ready to serve. If freezing overnight, remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before slicing.Here's how to make Wild Birthday Cake (with ice cream). Click To Tweet
Whether you’ve got a birthday celebration coming up (or not), celebrate in style with our spin on delicious cake you can feel good about eating.
Remember to share with your friends… because a shared dessert is twice as sweet.
If you’re looking for more recipes to round out your party, check out the Fat-Burning Tribe to access our entire library of wild recipes.
Did you make this cake? Leave a comment below to let us know how it turned out!Share this with your friends!